- A review of the Newford health plan took place this week and recommendations will be drawn up as a result.
- A student from Mountbellew Agriculture College has started his work placement on the farm.
- The calving sheds and holding area have now been washed and disinfected and ready for calving.
- The last 16 finishing beef animals are on 8 Kg’s of meal & being fed twice a day. These will be slaughtered tomorrow Thursday
- 89 weanling on 1.5 kg’s of meals and meal feeding will cease at the end of January
- The last group of weanlings will move to slats tomorrow - finishers will be gone.
- Cows have been penned according to their condition scoring and are getting 100 grams each of pre-calving mineral.
- All the Suckler cows have been regrouped according to their calving dates.
- One pen of cows are getting concentrates to keep them in good body condition before calving
- Cattle Slaughtering Autumn 2016 to date
- Monitor cow body condition weekly
Key recommendations for this week
- Keep a close eye on any cow getting near to calving
- Weighed the beef finishing cattle for the factory and booked them in
- Monitor slurry levels in tanks
- Monitor the weanlings for any health issues