- 104 cows with 107 calves have been born (Four sets of twins and one mortality)
- 1 cows left to calve.
- 102 cows and 105 calves are out at grass
- One cow has been treated for grass tetany and has made a full recovered hence extra magnesium mineral buckets has been put into the paddocks to reduce this problem
- The average weight of the calves born is 43kg
- 91% of the herd had a calving score between one and two
- Grass growth is improving and a bag of CAN per acre was spread this week on the home farm
- Calves are receiving their Tribovax T in batches as they become old enough.
- Breeding season will start next the Monday the 24th and Matthew (farm manager) will be carrying out the AI for 2017.
- Farm Cover : 1114 kg/DM/ha
- Growth /Ha : 77 kg/DM/ha
- Farm Demand / Ha ( kg DM/ha/day ) 49 Kg
- Estimated DM : @ 17 %
- Days ahead : 23 Days
- Current stocking rate LU / Ha 4.11
- Grazing Area : 42.39 Ha
- Silage closed area : 25.95
- Monday the 24th of April will be the started of the 2017 breeding season.
- All “ A I ” will be carried out by the Farm Manager this year
- The below table contains the following sires that will be used on the herd this year
- Extra magnesium buckets have been put into the paddocks with the cows to prevent grass tetany
- Cows and calves are 2 groups on the home farm.
Key recommendations for this week
- Carry out repairs to fencing on the new rented farm.
- Record the tag number of cows coming in heat out in the fields.
- Watch out for any grass tetany in the herd