- Second cut silage was cut on the 8th August under favourable conditions after a long spell of wet conditions (38 acres).
- Started meal feeding 28th July to the Beef Heifers (42) and they are getting 4 Kgs of meal @ grass.
- The average weight of the Beef Heifers is 509 Kgs and they are doing ADG of 0.95 Kg since turnout (14th March).
- The Bullocks ( 47 ) were weighted on the 8th of August and their average weighted is 512 Kgs with an average daily gain since turnout of 0.84 Kgs ( 14th March )
- 20 of those bullocks were drafted and are getting 3 kg of meal @ grass. Meal feeding commenced on the 9th August. Those 20 bullocks average weight is 563 Kgs and their ADG since turnout is 1 Kg per day
- Newford Bull calves were weighted on the 9th of August. They were 263 Kgs with an ADG from Birth 1.32 Kgs / day. Note : These calves were castrated on the 27th July
- Newford Heifer calves were 239 Kgs with an ADG from Birth of 1.25 Kgs/day
- 7 replacement heifers which were not fit for bulling will be sold off Newford . This will eased a small bite of pressure on the Autumn grass wedge. Their average weight is 395 Kgs
- The 2 teaser bulls were housed and are on Ab-Lib meal.
- Calves were treated for worms due to a lot of coughing cause by the wet, damp humidity weather of late.
Newford Scanning Results Carried Out on the 1st August 2017
10 Weeks Breeding Season
- Cows that held to First services: 64
- Cows that held to Second services: 18
- Cows that held to Stock bulls: 11
- 93 cows were Scan in-calf out of 99 cows over 10 weeks breeding Season
- Note: 4 Cull Cows were not bred