- The first calf was born on 2nd February and there are currently 5 calved. No problems to report so far.
- Cows and heifers are being drafted to the holding area as required before calving
- The lame cow from last week has improved greatly.
- Work on converting the old sheep handling unit is continuing
- Meal feeding to the 89 weanlings has ceased with the anticipation of getting them out to grass from mid-February onwards.
- Cows have been penned according to their condition scoring and are getting 100 grams each of pre-calving mineral.
- The cows have been regrouped according to their calving dates.
- The pen of thin cows are no longer getting concentrate as body condition score has improved considerably.
- The later calving cows have received their booster vaccination of Rotavec Corona for scour last Tuesday
- Farm Cover ( Kg DM /ha ) 982 Kgs
- Growth /Ha ( Kg DM /Ha / day ) 12 Kgs
- Monitor cow body condition weekly
Key recommendations for this week
- Monitor cows and heifers close to calving
- Finish power washing and disinfecting the last of the loose sheds
Monitor the weanlings for any health issues