- All 106 weanling’s are on 2 Kg of concentrates and ad-lib silage at the moment. This will be reviewed in early January with the possibility reducing the ration input to 1 kg.
- All cows are on pre-calving minerals.
- 2 cows have aborted within the last 3 weeks. The remains of the foetus and afterbirth have been sent to Athlone Regional Veterinary Laboratory for testing along with blood samples from both cows.
- Last of the (30) in-spec bullocks were slaughter on the 28th December. The average grade for the 30 bullocks was R- 3 =. This included 25 “R” grades and 5 “O” grades. Some of the “O” grades animals were progeny from purchased in-calf replacement heifers sired by an AA bull.
- All of the 2016 male’s progeny have now been slaughter.
- All of the 47 bullocks were finish indoors.
- The average slaughter age for the bullocks was 21 months
- The average kill out is 52 %.
- The average kill date for the 47 bullocks was the 21st December 2017.
- 2 cull cows was also slaughter on the 28th December. The cows grade O – 3 +
- The following table summarised Newford Farm sales for 2017.
- Newford Farm Management Team would like to wish the whole farming community a very Prospers and Safe 2018.
Newford Farm welcomes all farmers and KT Discussion groups to the farm.
Key recommendations for this week
- Vaccinated first of the cows with Rotavec Corona.
- Weigh the store animals.
- Watch out for any health issues with the cows.
- Prepare for visiting KT groups.