- Weather conditions and utilisation of grass in paddock is excellent at the moment
- 375 surplus round bales of silage have been taken off paddocks from the 3 farms so far this year.
- 40 round bales of first cut silage were also made.
- Half bag of protected Urea (38N+S) is been spread after each grazing. Some paddocks did get 2,500 gallons of cattle slurry per acre (dribble bar).
Key recommendations for this week
- Monitor all cows regularly for heat detection
- Watch calves closely for pneumonia.
- Keep teaser bull’s ball harness topped up with paint
- Monitor grass growth closely
- Keep mineral buckets out in paddocks with the cows