- 14 bullocks of the 61 in-spec bullocks were drafted for slaughter on Thursday the 14th November.
- The average weight of the drafted steers was 707 Kgs
- ADG from birth was 1.05 Kg
- Summary of kill out as followed
- These in-spec bullocks were on concentrates from the 12th July. They were housed on the 12th October
- They consumed 770Kgs + /- of concentrates ( over a period of 125 days)
- Costing €204 per bullock
- Total concentrates fed from life time to slaughter was 1004 Kgs , costing €270 per bullock
- The average kill out percentage was 53%
- Average carcase wgt 374 Kgs
- The 20 in-calf heifers on the contract rearing farm have returned home to Newford. These heifers will isolate for a period of time.
The 23 replacement heifers calves were weighted on the 8th November and their weights are shown on the table below
Key recommendations for this week
- Monitored the in-calf heifers to Newford
- Monitored weanlings for pneumonia and coccidiosis
- Identify options of dry cow minerals