- Ground conditions have deteriorated this week (heavy rain last Sunday)
- The forward group of steers average 652Kgs. ADG from birth is 1.04kgs. The ADG since the last weighing 23 days ago is 1.47Kgs (6Kgs of meal and currently 19/20 months of age)
- Other finishing steers average weight 544 Kgs. ADG from birth 0.88 Kgs. The ADG over the last 23 days is 1.65Kgs on 5Kgs of meal.
- Forward finishing Heifers average weight 558 Kgs. ADG from birth 0.89 Kgs. The ADG over the last 23 days is 1.38 Kgs on 6 Kgs of meal. (19 -20 months of age )
- Other finishing heifers average weight 498 Kgs. ADG from birth 0.81 Kgs. The ADG over the last 23 days is 1.64 Kgs on 5 Kgs of meal.
- All the male weanling’s have been weaned this week
- All weanlings have been allowed to suck cows out 2 days after weaning.
- 25 cows left to be weaned and weaned cows were put on slats and fed straw to dry off.
- Weanling’s creeping under the electric wire are consuming on average 1.1 Kg of meal/day
- The last of the weanlings got their Bovipast RSP and IBR vaccination on Tuesday 18th
- All grazing ground in Raheen Woods have been closed
- Average farm cover 551 kg DM/day
- Average growth rate 25 kg/DM/Ha
- Average Demand 24 kg/DM/Ha
- Currently 23 days ahead
- Current stocking rate: 1.68 L.U/Ha
- Current stocking rate in Live weight/ha: 1180 kg/Ha
Magnesium buckets have been left out to the herd in the fields
Key recommendations for this week
- Keep a close eye on dry cows to avoid any mastitis problems
- Monitored the weaned weanlings for any set back
- Clip the tails and back of the dry weaned cows
- Prepared the yard for all cows to be housed from early next week