- All cows have been weaned
- Grazing ground has been closed on the Newford farm,
- The finishing bullocks average 583kgs. ADG from Birth 0.91kgs.
ADG from the last weighing from 13th Oct - 4th Nov is 1.46kgs
- The bullocks have gained 66.85kgs since housing (21st Sept) ADG from housing 1.52kgs
- The finishing heifers average 535kgs. ADG from birth 0.83kgs.
ADG from the last weighing from 13th Oct - 4th Nov is 1.49kgs
- The heifers have gained 67.16kgs since housing (21st Sept) ADG from housing 1.53kgs
- All weanling’s are on 2kgs of meal and were housed on the 28th October
- No more cases of mastitis in the dry cows
- Cull cows have been penned together and are getting 4kg of meal at the moment. Average weight 634kgs.
- 22 in-calf heifers on the contract rearing programme have returned home to the Newford farm .They have been treated for rumen fluke, worms and lice and also received their first Salmonella vaccination.
- The suckler cows have been treated for liver fluke, and lice
- The average body condition score for the hold suckler herd is 2.94
- The average body condition score for the In-calf replacement heifers is 3.52
- The average body condition score for the First Calvers is 2.30
- The average body condition score for the Second Calvers is 2.75
- The average body condition score for the Third Calvers is 3.22
- TB herd test will take place on the 22nd of November
- Nenagh Suckler group to visit the farm on the 21st November
- Average farm cover 616 kg DM/day
- Average growth rate 8 kg/DM/Ha
- Monitor cow body condition weekly
Key recommendations for this week
- Keep a close eye on dry cows for mastitis problems
- Monitor condition of in-calf heifers
- Monitor the weanlings for any health issues
- All the weanling’s will receive their liver fluke, worms and lice treatment