- Newford Farm had a Bord Bia Quality Assurance inspection today Friday the 7th and the farm passed all the criteria required.
- Parasite analysis results came back for the Steers and Beef heifers and there was no detection of Liver fluke. The calves results show very minor infections
- One cow died during the week from grass tetany.
- Newford calves were weight on the 22nd of June. See table for break down on Sires performance on the Newford herd
- Weighing of the replacement heifer calves on the contract rearing farm in Tuam was carried out on the 30th June and the results are as follow
- The two stock bulls (SI & LM) were taken out from the Newford Herd on Monday the 3rd of July, hence this ended the breeding season.
- Scanning of the herd will take place at the end of July
Key recommendations for this week
- Check calves for signs of pneumonia
- Put out Mg buckets out with the cows
- All the cows are to receive their booster IBR vaccination.