- Newford farm is into its 9th week of the calving period.
- 95 % of the suckler herd has now calved down
- 105 cows calved with 103 calves ( 4 sets of Twins)
- First calf born on the 30th January
- All cows and calves are very healthy
- No calving difficulty to report on the farm at the moment.
- The average calf birth weight is 41 Kgs
- Calving scored for the herd so far is 1.29
- 97 cows and 98 calves are now at grass. Weather conditions are very good at the moment and all stock is thriving outside. Mineral buckets have been placed in the paddocks with the cows to prevent Grass Tetany
- One calf got pneumonia at grass and was treated.
- All cows are to received their copper bolus and Leptospirosis vaccination next week
- All 104 yearling steers and heifers are now at grass.
The steers went to grass on the 23rd of March @ 382 Kgs and the heifers went to grass on the 27th February @ 357 Kgs. The heifers were housed for 107 days and the steers for 131 days over the winter period before turnout.
- Grass measurement taken on the 29th of March