- Ground conditions have not improve over the last past few days
- Grass is starting to get scares from the wet weather
- The finishing cattle are been built up to 5 Kgs of meal per day
- The remaining finishing steers housing weight is 543 Kgs. Their ADG from birth is 0.91 Kgs and the ADG at grass was 0.76 Kgs ( 26th February – 17th September)
- The remaining finishing heifers housing weight is 494 Kgs. Their ADG from birth is 0.82 Kgs and the ADG at grass was 0.65 Kgs (26th February – 17th September)
- Replacement heifer’s calves weighed 199 Kgs and their ADG from birth is 0.79 Kgs. They are eating on average 1 kg of meal per day
- The 23 in-calf heifers weighed 485 Kgs. They were injected this week due to some coughing in the herd along with the replacement calves
- Silage pits were measure for silage tonnage ( First cut 442 tonnes and second cut 413 tonnes)
- There are 290 round bales also on the farm.
- First of the weanling’s got their Bovipast RSP and IBR vaccination on Thursday 29th
- Weanling’s that are going under the electric wire are consuming on average 1 Kg of meal per day
- Paddock closure for the year has started.
- Average farm cover 823 kg DM/day
- Average growth rate 46 kg/DM/Ha
- Average Demand 30 kg/DM/Ha
- Currently 27 days ahead
- Current stocking rate: 2.14 L.U/Ha
- Current stocking rate in kg/ha: 1484 kg/Ha
- Difficult to achieve good clean out of paddocks in current wet conditions
- Magnesium buckets have been left out to the herd in the fields
Key recommendations for this week
- Finish the clipping of tails and back of the house animals
- Keep preparing the farm for more paddock closure
- Spread the last of the slurry.
Add paragraph text here.