*Cover carried out on the 18th of February
- Newford Farm is closed to groups / visitors until the calving period is finished.
Key recommendations for this week
- Monitor all cows.
- Make initial enquiries to purchase silage.
- Prepare for disbudding calves as they come of age.
- Order vaccinations for clostridia, IBR and coccidiosis prevention.
- Watch out for any health issues in cows.
- Check the health of new-born calves each morning and evening.
- Treat the navel’s of new-born calves a number of times.
- Keep all tagging and birth registration information up to date.
- Keep all footbaths full with disinfectant at entry points to sheds.
- Check all water troughs are clean in the pens regularly.
- Monitor condition of in-calf heifers.